Every September and October, our Canadian Parents for French Chapter hosts a membership drive during which all new and renewed memberships are automatically entered to win prizes. The numbers that this annual intake generates also gives CPF BC & Yukon the chance to receive more funding that directly benefits our French Immersion students.
Our local Chapter automatically receives 90% of your fee when you sign up, and if it becomes the one that grows the most during the first two months of the school year, it gets ALL of its local membership fees back. With these funds, CPF BC & Yukon can offer French second language students, caregivers, and educators more exclusive access to member-only virtual and in-person programs, events, workshops, discounts, resources, contests, and scholarship opportunities.
CPF’S CONTRIBUTIONS TO BRANTFORD IN THE 2022-23 YEAR:
- A French teacher resource grant ($250 for new resources that improve French at school)
- The French Max Book Club subscription (families qualified for the reduced group subscription rate and for every 10 Max Book Club subscription purchased, the library received 1 free subscription)
- A literature grant (school library received 3 subscriptions to the Max Book Club)
- An art performance grant (funding to cover half the cost, up to $500, of a French performance at the school) which brought a Métis dance performance by V’ni Dansi Society on April 21st, 2023
- The French Film Festival (invitation to the event for all French classes and coverage of 50% of the transportation costs), which our French Immersion students enjoyed on February 10th, 2023
- Funding for Grade 7 French end of year party
- A free Patinage de Noël holiday skate for all CPF members on December 10th, 2022
It’s a win-win for everyone. You can become a member any time of the year, but if you do it before October 31st, our Chapter will be better equipped to serve our children in their language journey.