Every September and October, our Canadian Parents for French Chapter hosts a membership drive during which all new and renewed memberships are automatically entered to win prizes. The numbers that this annual intake generates also gives CPF BC & Yukon the chance to receive more funding that directly benefits our French Immersion students.
Our local Chapter automatically receives 90% of your fee when you sign up, and if it becomes the one that grows the most during the first two months of the school year, it gets ALL of its local membership fees back. With these funds, CPF BC & Yukon can offer French second language students, caregivers, and educators more exclusive access to member-only virtual and in-person programs, events, workshops, discounts, resources, contests, and scholarship opportunities.
Here is what your Burnaby Chapter and your CPF Membership helps to fund:
- French Film Festival: Provides opportunity for children to watch a French movie on the big screen with their class at Metrotown
- Fête des Arts: French or bilingual theatre groups perform at each school
- Winter Skating Party: Annual event at a holiday decorated rink, with French Music and Bonhomme at Scotia Barn rinks
- Summer Camps: Two weeks of fun camp with French Immersion instructors
- French Literacy Initiative: Provides funding to each school to buy French books
- French Resource Initiative: Provides funding to schools to buy French learning resources
- French Lessons for Parents: Helps parents to learn French alongside their children
- Annual Year End BBQ: A fun annual year end event bringing together parents of all French Immersion schools in Burnaby